Apr 15, 2012

Usage and Application



Metacogntion is used in connecting new information to information that is already known.  There are  metacognition strategies that students use to improve higher learning. These are listed below:


"To make an individual metacognitively aware is to ensure that the individual has learned how to learn."(Garner), 1988

Planning
  1. What is the nature of the task?                                                     
  2. What is my goal?
  3. What kind of information and strategies do I need?
  4. How much time and resources will I need?
Monitoring
  1. Do I have a clear understanding of what I am doing?
  2. Does the task make sense?
  3. Am I reaching my goals?
  4. Do I need to make changes?
Evaluation
  1. Have I reached my goal?
  2. What worked?
  3. What didn't work?
  4. Would I do things differently next time?
Below is a website that can improve your learning abilility:
www.lumosity.com




                                                                                                                                     
                                                                   

6 comments:

  1. Christine,
    Great blog, very informative. Metacognition is very important in expansion of our knowledge base. It is very helpful to understand how concepts are inter-related and how things tie together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not get to completely understand what metacognition when reading the assignment. doing this reserach helped me to understand how important it is to try each day to keep the metacogntive skills in mind. Thanks for reading my Blog!
      Christine

      Delete
  2. Great information. Metacognition is a very confusing concept and you have done a great job thorougly explaining it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine,

    Metacognition is very confusing. It is more of an abstract idea that is often difficult for people to grasp. You did a wonderful job of explaining it better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carmen, I had to read and read to even get little idea of how to simplify this subject. I was very time consuming and confusing. Thanks for recognizing my hard work.

      Christine Moss

      Delete
  4. Christine,

    I loved the Lumosity site! I had a ball working my mind out! Thanks for sharing the site with us. I need to show this to my mother.

    Jan L

    ReplyDelete